Stinking Indian guest house called - Park Family

When I reached Hotel Castle, Suwon it was almost 11:30. A guy from Park Family was waiting for me. I kept my luggage in his car and we headed towards Park Family guest house. After about 10 mins we reached the guest house. Then a guy who did not look like an Indian or Korean opened the car door for me and took out my luggage and said "App aayiye bhaayisaab, appko room dikhadeta hoon". I thought who the hell is this guy? Korean or what? How does he know hindi. Then I came to know he is a Nepali. Yeah you find Malayalis and Nepalis everywhere isn't it... :-)

It was already about 12:05 am I had yet to have dinner in the guest house kitchen. First the Nepali guy said he will show me the room. Because of the long and tiring flight I was hoping for a clean, comfortable room and bed. Tomorrow morning at 8:30 I have to be at office. :-(
Then finally he took me to a room. It was a basement room. As soon we reached the building where my room was, I felt dizzy and felt as if my nose hair are on fire. The building was stinking. It was a weird smell. I don't know what it was.

When I entered the room I noticed that the room was stinking too. It was not as bad as outside the room, but still it was horrible. All the windows were closed, So I thought may be the room was closed for a long time. That is why it is stinking so bad.
The Nepali who came with me pointed at a some switches and said 'wo paani aur kamra garam karta hai' Told me how to on the water heater. After he left I was searching for windows. There was only one small window. I tried to open it, but couldn't since one of its edge was bent. There were no other windows in the room. Surprisingly not even in the toilet. Then I finally turned on the AC hoping that the smell will go off.

I went to the kitchen and had some chapatis, met my team mates on the way back to my room. Told them the room is stinky. They said here all rooms stink. Tomorrow when they clean your room then it will be all right. Then I returned to the room, it was cold but still stinking. Then I thought, Just need to spend this night and tomorrow it'll be clean.

Set the alarm at 7:30 on my cell phone and went to bed. It was difficult to sleep with room stinking and bed was not super clean either. It really took me a long time to fall asleep.

Next morning I woke up when my land-line phone rang, it was my colleague. There was no battery in my cell that's why alarm dint go off. Damn...! It was 9 o'clock. Late on first day... oh man... !!! I turned on the water heater to take bath. I waited around 5 mins for hot water still there was no hot water, waited 10 mins still no hot water then 15, 20 still no fucking hot water... It was 10 degrees outside.

I didn't have time, so I just filled a bucket with cold water and held my breath tight, then poured the bucket full of water on my head. I can't explain the feeling and pain... Just try sometime taking bath with cold water in 10 degrees. What the hell can you do, I HAD to take bath with the cold water, otherwise 2 days of travel and sweat would have stunk my entire office campus... :-)

Ran to kitchen to eat something, only to realize that their is just cornflakes and bread. No other option. Had some cornflakes then told the Nepali guy that heater is not working. Please check. He nodded affirmatively. I was hoping that at least in the evening I can take a hot shower...

No comments:

Post a Comment